OK folks, I gave this album what it rightly deserved... a fresh rip!!! This time ALL of the tracks are here, namely the missing "Jesus" from the previous rip. This is undoubtedly one of my best sounding rips, with the least editing. Just a gorgeous sounding album. Certainly my favorite of this entire series... enjoy!!
KC's post had me recalling this classic which we posted at the Crypt. Prepare to be moved. Her voice just soars from the speakers and straight into your soul. Mahalia needs little introduction, yet her name never seems to come up
as much as it should. Underrated? Hardly. I think her tight ties to
gospel shut her out of the minds of many listeners. Well, I am here to
tell you..."Church is in!". This album swings hard at times, and Miss
Jackson's voice is hauntingly real. Her voice has instant
impact. Not only ultra soulful, but with a truthfullness that can't be
denied. This was ripped at 24/44.1 wav and dithered to 16/44 FLAC... enjoy!!
One
of Mahalia's early Columbia albums, this brings the singer together
with the Fall-Jones Ensemble. Kicking off with the autobiographical "I'm
Going to Live the Life I Sing About in My Song," the set also includes
stirring renditions of "Jesus Met the Woman at the Well," "I Will Move
on up a Little Higher," "Didn't It Rain," "Keep Your Hand on the Plow,"
"Walk Over God's Heaven," and even a spirited take on the old warhorse
"When the Saints Go Marching In". - Cub Koda
Columbia CL644
1955
Recorded Nov. 1954
Mahalia Jackson, vocals
The Falls-Jones Ensemble:
Mildred Falls, piano
Ralph Jones, organ
Art Ryerson/Billy Mure, guitar
Frank Caroll/Jack Lesberg, bass
Norris "Bunny" Shawker, drums
01 I'm going to live the life I sing about in my song
02 When I wake up in glory
03 Jesus met the woman at the well
04 Oh Lord, is it?
05 I will move on up a little higher
06 When the saints go marching in
07 Jesus
08 Out of the depths
09 Walk over God's heaven
10 Keep your hand on the plow
11 Didn't it rain

10 comments:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w9eqk2wryjanhjo
http://www.mediafire.com/?24elpq8s1nr0g4z
Thanks Poppachubby
I've got a 22 track CD of her earlier Apollo recordings but nothing from her later Columbia cuts - A remarkable and powerful voice indeed
Cheers
track 04 is not "Oh Lord Is It..." but a repetition of track 03 "Jesus Met the Woman..."
track 05 is not "I Will Move On Up..." but "Oh, Lord is It..."
track 06 is not "When The Saints..." but "I Will Move On Up A Little Higher"
Missing: When the Saints Go Marchin' In.
Please, can you upload this single track?
Thanks
Sorry about the track issues... i will fix up ASAP.
http://www.packupload.com/O1N76SA94AT
https://mega.co.nz/#!ggZDQZAL!NjPbrz0bRI5Fqoo1jb0BAU8t7fQi8mqIdfvdcI5dctk
-OR-
http://www53.zippyshare.com/v/47801444/file.html
Ahhh Yes, thanks for allowing me to finally toss the old copy
No better sermon for this Sunday than Ms. Jackson filled with and spreading the spirit. Thanks for this one; she soars with the angels on it and truly reaches a higher ground. Just superb!!!
thanks so much for all thats roots treasures!
Greybrother
Thank you Poppachubby, Mahalia the most powerful of all !
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.