Saturday, September 7, 2013

Dinah Washinghton - A Slick Chick (On The Mellow Side) FLAC LP Rip

Since I have just recently completed a crispy fresh rip of this relatively rare double LP from Unkie Cliff, I thought it might be appreciated if I shared.

The sub-title tells you the story of this one, the focus is Dinah's reign as the queen of the R&B charts. It will depend on your collection as to whether or not this one fills any holes for you. The covers will expand in high rez when clicked, so you can check to see what's here.

7 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=64VIKQKZFP-slick_chick2.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=0PZWFHREMU-slick_chick1.rar

pmac said...

Love the Divine Ms D. have a ton of her stuff, but some of these songs are new to me. Still think her version of Ole Santa might be the greatest Christmas song ever reduced to vinyl. Thank ya KC!

Pippo said...

Dinah was a real powerful singer and the musicians were tight, this stuff really grooves. Thank you KingCake.

wouter said...

i lost this great music in a HD crash some time ago. thank you very much for the chance to get it back, KC (and unk!)!

Feilimid O'Broin said...

A few years ago a friend and I were discussing whom we considered to be the best jazz/rhythm and blues vocalist we had ever heard. I opted for Sarah Vaughan; she chose Dinah Washington. As I have listened more and more to the Washington albums I own, which did not include this one, I have conceded that I was wrong. Thanks so very much for this; she was remarkable.

fcapeau said...

Thank you so much, KC, for this post ! Love Dinah, but this one missed my collection, so ....

worldbflat said...

Nice to see this; I have the vinyl and have never seen it digitized. Thanks for the work.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.