Oh my the house is certainly rockin' this Sunday morn! A new goodie from the folks at Fuel 2000 Records that is some serious boogie with The Lord! "Way more than just the gospel you might expect from the title – given that the music here comes from the Jewel Records label, a real powerhouse for southern soul and blues! The style here is plenty secular overall – with lots of the best deep soul overtones we've come to expect from Jewel in the late 60s and early 70s – including that relaxed sort of production approach that makes the label's music way different than that of any of their southern contemporaries on the scene. The tunes are definitely spiritual, but carried off in a way that's very appealing to any fan of southern soul at the time – and the double-length set features a massive 36 gospel gems from Jewel that include "You Better Get Right" by Willie Morganfield, "I'm Traveling On" by The Soul Stirrers, "Solid Rock" by The Violinaires, "Little Boy" by Ted Taylor, "He Changed" by Albertina Walker & The Caravans, "All The Way" by The Violinaires, "Confusing Times" by Clarence Fountain, "A Change Is Gonna Come" by The Meditation Singers, and "There's A Creator" by Roscoe Robinson." © 1996-2013, Dusty Groove, Inc.

5 comments:
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=64GYCZEZAF-jewel_records_gospel_story_2.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=2YHARWYWEU-jewel_records_gospel_story_1.rar
KC you ol dog you. I love this type of post, what a great way to start a Sunday. You best believe that the sun is shinin bright today up here too - no coincidence.
I informed my Texas sister friend, the same one who persuaded me of Dinah Washington's greatness, that I was now listening to gospel every Sunday thanks to the wiles and charms of a certain king in Louisiana, her home state. She believes it's a sign that my Yankee soul may yet be saved from my apostate ways and I sent her a translation of the Gospel in Gullah to convey that while we agree to disagree, I respect her beliefs and the strength they give her. She treasures it to this day. I think if you were to ask her she would offer that you just might be doing the Lord's work every Sunday with your weekly offering while I'll go so far as to concede the music is great and powerfully moving. Then again Poppachubby's got me thinking about that anomaly of a warm sun in Toronto this fine Sunday. Signs and wonders indeed!!! Thanks for this, the house is certainly rockin' now!!!
Yes, KC, The best starting for this Sunday ! Many Thanks;
Thanks so much!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.