Monday, September 21, 2015

The Roots Of It All: Acoustic Blues, Volume 3, 1960's & 1970's

 "...and this volume covers huge years of revival for the acoustic blues style – seminal recordings from the 60s and 70s, as a host of younger labels worked hard to rediscover lost blues giants from previous decades, and give exposure to some lesser-known talents too! 2CD package features 48 titles in all – with work by Mance Lipscomb, Scrapper Blackwell, Smokey Babe, Herman E Johnson, Johnny Young, Buddy Moss, Maxwell Street Jimmy Davis, Robert Pete Williams, Rev Gary Davis, Henry Townsend, Louisian Red, Jack Owens, Johnny Shines, Juke Boy Bonner, Babe Stovall, Furry Lewis, Joe Callicott, John Jackson, JB Lenoir, and many others. " © 1996-2015, Dusty Groove, Inc.

10 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=0WQIMJAHKJ-The Roots Of It All - Acoustic Blues - The 1960s.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=0QZ0CAHRRY-The Roots Of It All - Acoustic Blues - The 1970s.rar

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this series, KingCake. It has been eye opening to listen to the virtuosity of the musicians. Later blues greats had a rich tradition they could call upon. I am enjoying this very much. LOLness

kristophermc28 said...

Awwwww yeah! Thanks again KC.
I love a lot of that 60s "revival" blues. Bukka White's and Son House's 60s stuff gets a lot of play here.

One of my all-time concert going highlights was meeting Honeyboy Edwards at a coffee house(that held maybe 50-ish people) show about ten years ago. I was just slack jawed and speechless.

I got to see RL Burnside once, too, but there was nothing acoustic about it. He was plugged in, drinking from a bottle in a paper bag, and kickin' ass!

Lou Cypher said...

Thank you for the three volumes of this series!

KingCake said...

One More and then the even bigger Electric Blues! It is like doing Blowing the Fuse and Sweet Soul Music sets again except that this one is sectioned in bigger pieces - almost the same number of discs tho - Now you see why I was thrilled to have you guys re-do those so that I could ignore the re-up requests.

RickB said...

Yowza...the grooves keep on coming! Thanks a million times again for sharing the riches. Amazing and thrilling music.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I enjoy this music.

Wayne

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or is this the worst set that Bear Family has ever released in terms of sound quality? It's practically "stereo-ized." Any thoughts from other listeners?

Emilie

GuitarGus said...

Thanks KC
Can't resist a Blues comp...The sound is fine by the way ...and more to follow...Electric ? Sounds interesting
Cheers

Feilimid O'Broin said...

I'm a sucker for comps and to have so many great artists available in one collection leaves me in ecstasy. My ears are almost exhausted from the multi-aural orgasms this blog provokes for me but I'm not complaining. The electric blues sounds interesting but the acoustic blues is my passion and this is one to treasure. Hell, I'm still fixated on your Mance Lipscomb and Mississippi John Hurt posts which are a constant source of joyful listening for me. Danke sehr, Bear family, Sie enttäuschen mich nie!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.