Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Roots Of It All: Acoustic Blues, Volume 2, 1940's & 1950's

"... and this volume features 55 tracks from the 40s and 50s – a time when acoustic blues were on the wane in the mainstream, but still getting exposure on a handful of labels – although often fair from their fame of the early years. The volume's overflowing with great music – by artists who include Alabama Slim, KC Douglas, Lowell Fulson, Dan Pickett, Willie Lane, Tony Hollins, Robert Lockwood, Robert Petway, Gabriel Brown, Johnny Shines, Snooks Eaglin, Little David, James Disdom, Big Son Tillis, Jesse Thomas, Jimmy & Walter, and the trio of Lick, Slick, & Slide!  © 1996-2015, Dusty Groove, Inc."

8 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=0YC5VJEXLE-The Roots Of It All - Acoustic Blues - The 1940s.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=2UGWBBAIV0-The Roots Of It All - Acoustic Blues - The 1950s.rar

kristophermc28 said...

Let me be the first to say thanks!

GuitarGus said...

Ta KC
Didn't have as many of these...Listening now and enjoying ...all those riffs and phrases that have become the common ground...but there's fun here too...The Blues has always lifted me up ...most people just don't get it ...Cheers bro

GuitarGus said...

Early Muddy....even then (1941) he's a stand-out Bluesman...Check out CD1 track 6 for those that have only heard the electric Chess recordings

KingCake said...

Indeed, but the voice is just a tad younger - lighter with a bit of bounce and yet it retains that serious gravity

Unknown said...

I'm more interested in the Roots than Eddie but thank you for both of them.

Wayne

Feilimid O'Broin said...

Thanks so much for this, le Roi. And Eddie Hinton, what a surprise! The best blue-eyed soul singer (man, I hate that term because a great soul singer is a great soul singer regardless of eye or skin color) I have ever heard. I read his biography on line and discovered yet again another troubled life that ended far too soon but still didn't conceal his great talent. And, oh yeah, I love early blues and, of course, Muddy Waters is Muddy Waters, always flowing and making life that much better for having listened to him. I'm just glad that I saw him play and, in retrospect, wish I had imbibed less and listened better because folks like him only travel this journey one time and then it's vinyl and compact discs to remember the vibrancy and power of their music. Great music is too often wasted on the young or the young are too often wasted for great music, or something like that.

Anonymous said...

In case the Booklet pdf isn't in the post here's the one i did yesterday :
Acoustic Blues The Roots Of It All - The 1940/1950s (BCD 17230 BS) Pdf
http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/Bop6K0hx/file.html

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.