

"So, what's the story here with all these covers KC?"
These are the covers of the sources I used to assemble this set (there are also 2 late 45's at the end). I was fortunate enough, through my friend Cliff, to have completely mint sources for all these with the exception of 'Somebody Messed Up' (those two tracks are downloads), so everything from the three lps on top and the 45's are from my rips. I also had all three Famous Groove CD's to work with - so my process was to put everything in one hopper, then choose the best sounding track among the duplicates, deleting the rest - I worked with the Blues Discography (Fancourt-McGrath) in my lap and did a lot of listening to determine the differences between tracks recorded twice and those merely released twice. There are 87 tracks here so this is meant only for those who dig Ray Agee.



11 comments:
https://mega.nz/#!3MRnUZ4R!GLMSSpZHjbHVe6nLNbdxVYL6J1DFw34hXknFk3OM4i4
I, for one, dig Ray Agee, and from "all these covers", I can see there are tracks I may not have. Thank you for your hard work, Kingcake, truly appreciated!
Great job researching and assembling this! As prolific and talented as he was he remains relatively unknown. This is a great tribute.
Yes, many thanks for this, obviously a lot of work went into compiling these rare tracks.
If anyone has this 45 lying around you're in the money: http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/262034719851/Ray_Agee__Hard_Loving_Woman__Im_Losing_Again_7_45_Rare_Blues__Northern_Soul
Hunh! There are copies of both songs here, from the Famous Groove discs I think - both songs have been posted multiple time on youtube.
Another big thanks for work on this KC! Not someone I'm all that familiar with.
Many thanks, KC, looking forward to hearing this!
many thanks,one know master blues favorite with Tarheel Slim ( other know blues master, I love the tracks 50 ´s )
sorry ,I have in the second HD in other year, many thanks
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.