Saturday, September 5, 2015

Neville Brothers - Oddball Releases

This year at Jazz Fest we saw what was likely the final performance of the Meters and the year before we had our last performance of the Neville Brothers. Both Art and Aaron Neville have health issues that lead to the end of the road for both bands.

A conversation here in the chat box lead to me checking out my Neville Brothers folder and I came across 3 oddball cd rips from discs I had bought in SF a long time ago and eventually were sold. The only one that I kept a cover for was this weird Italian release that doesn't even have any actual Neville Brothers tracks on it! The tracks are all from various recordings done prior to the formation of the actual band! It has solo tracks from Art, Aaron and Cyril and some Meters tracks too. The two other discs included are a promo sampler done around the time of Yellow Moon, and live recordings from the era of Brother's Keeper done at Chicago's Navy Pier. The cool thing is that (last time I checked) some of the material on those doesn't seem to be anywhere else.

I'm gonna miss these guys.

3 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=5ZAJLQEQRJ

pmac said...

My wife is a HUGe Neville Bros fan, so on behalf of both of us, merci.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of the music tonight....

Wayne

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.