Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Larry Darnell - I'll Get Along Somehow



When the Chubbman first posted this I promised that I had an addendum. Of course, being me, it took a little longer than anticipated and so I am driven to move this back to the front so y'all will notice.

I have great affection for these Rt 66 LP's so I won't duplicate anything, but Unky Cliff (aka Captain Excess) has another of those cheapo Bayou Records discs that has stuff unseen elsewhere. Every label has it's niche.

The add-on has 14 additional tracks, almost doubling you up.

link in comments


11 comments:

poppachubby said...

Hey gang, this is from my mint LP and is the only comprehensive Darnell album I could find. Any analog noise you may encounter is from the source material as they had to use 78's and 45's for much of it. That said, it's actually quite impressive sound quality. Enjoy and lets hope packupload doesn't go down again. I assume they are overwhelmed with traffic due to the current climate elsewhere...

chubbs

http://www.packupload.com/1VWPLZDGS7X

KingCake said...

lovely - I really like those Route 66 lp's - I have a collection with 13 additional tracks so I will work up a suppliment

GuitarGus said...

Thanks Poppa C
Another gem to add to the library
Hope all is well - Seasons Greetings to you and the family - Don't overdo the OT !
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Aaahh man, just the press cuttings get you movin. Fantastic.

moxnix said...

Have been waiting for this one, thanks, looking forward to the listening experience!!!

flatspin said...

After hearing Larry Darnell's fine version of 'I'll Get Along Somehow' now I understand how this song was the one that sustained his career! Thanks.

KingCake said...

the promised addendum:
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=4RDYFJMHJT

poppachubby said...

Awesome KC!!

Baron said...

Thanks KC - I've not heard any of his recordings before - here goes!

GuitarGus said...

Thanks for the extra treats KC

Newk said...

Hey good people. I was just dropping by for the first time in a while (still trying to take in the music I have and stay offline), but this brought a big smile to my face. Thanks for posting!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.