Friday, October 26, 2012

Blowing the Fuse 1957

 Now I know that Cliff will disagree but I still say that any similar collection made over the last 30 years would be laughable in comparison to these babies.I mean just look down that list of names!

1957 was one fun year on the jukebox. The rise of the vocal groups continue; they seem to take up at least half of this one. The teen domination of the market is clearly evident in the increase of cornball and romance and the decrease of adult themes, even the Ruth Brown tune is shockingly 'sweet'. Still the beats will get your foot patting for the whole ride.

While lighthearted fun pieces are clearly in vogue, the are still some surprising moments of gravity provided by Junior Parker, Slim Harpo, Fats, Roy, Bobby, Little Richard and Ernie Freeman.


4 comments:

Feilimid O'Broin said...

There's even more???? Thanks so much for posting this. The series is wonderful and I thought it might have ended after the last post. What a great way to begin the weekend.

GuitarGus said...

Yeah ! I was waiting for 1957 here in 2012
Some great tunes here - Some of my all-time fav's - The 2 Fats D's , 5 Royales 'Think' , Reet Petite !!
And as I look down the contents they all look good - Time for a bevy I think
Cheers

Goofy said...

This is a great series! Do you have the whole thing? How many more posts can we expect to see?
I have read somewhere that the Bear Family is pretty aggressive in protecting its "property".

poppachubby said...

"Does he have the whole thing?" Pffftt...goofy where ya been?!?!?!

As I look ay my BTF collection, it's become a point of pride, which I can't say about at least 75% of my digital music.

Just an incredible collection, and a really fun ride...

Thanks KC

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.