The History of New Orleans Rhythn and Blues 1955-1962
Now normally I would say that I have enough sets of this type, but over the course of 6 discs, they have actually unearthed enough treasures that I didn't have, to make this set worth while!
Thanks so much for this amazing collection. There will never be too much NOLA music, and even one unheard song is worth a long search. Your blog is such a great place to visit. Your kindness and generosity shines through each post.
Le Roi, I'm a real sucker for any compilation you post because I appreciate the excellent taste, knowledge or music, and discernment that informs the selection but this is one to really treasure. Over the years you have made me, and perhaps a few other souls as musically ignorant as I, aware of the enormous impact musicians from and living in New Orleans have had in shaping our music and our taste. Recently in Blue Hell, we were mulling over the disproportionate impact Louisiana, Texas, and Mississippi have had in defining what we consider American music. Blues, gospel, rhythm and blues, Tejano, Norteno, Cajun, zydeco, swamp blues, Western swing... the breadth of their respective contributions is astounding and New Orleans, our only continental Caribbean city, is clearly the capital, the Mississippian Mesopotamia, from which our music culture originates.
In fact, on this very wet and muggy night on the western shore, you have me hankering for some beignets and a good cup of coffee with this collection and contemplating why I can't get muffuletta sandwiches hereabouts. Even worse, folks around here think crab is comparable to lobster; it's a blasphemy that makes the top of this New England lad's head blow off. Ahhhh to live in a city in which one recalls casually bumping into Allen Toussaint or encountering Ricki Lee Jones in the neighborhood, and being mentored after a fashion by the ever-wise Unky Cliff. You and P-mac are living in a world some of us visit only in our dreams. But the music does provide an inkling of what it must be like and, of course, stans on its own merits. Thanks for sharing it.
15 comments:
http://www80.zippyshare.com/v/Jltrq9IN/file.html
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/QmASJp2C/file.html
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/hfnWWhqm/file.html
http://www80.zippyshare.com/v/05ipQzmw/file.html
http://www80.zippyshare.com/v/Rmi8yMfP/file.html
http://www80.zippyshare.com/v/2ucKy5E1/file.html
https://mega.nz/#!XcoA3bZb!b4Z3P_fX05nPs8w1Cc2yz4eZ_uk4xuOrHcCDOqCu3CI
https://mega.nz/#!GM42VTja!RNgvn1VE-OD2PT31LbJjVLVmKekFxRcUIsW-oI8TB90
https://mega.nz/#!2YAGXbib!kdKHw7ck1io46cMc2DX3h_fbFHXasPx3ueDHesfoXI8
https://mega.nz/#!nFwVTBQB!6MIWFIVsPbcm-UyAOAyktKA_PWPmIOMnSpWEMTruqK0
https://mega.nz/#!TVRGUSpb!h8l-6PInZYyWoyeY39vPSk4zABYh7c8I7dAsoFNGzRA
https://mega.nz/#!aBw1GDyB!lABPRiLNwIQWD69JUnHfCsswFpzRKyD_-Y_XKhbCk5o
Hell, if your missing a few, no telling how many of these I need! Thanks, buddy!
Great stuff - thanks for posting!
Many thanks, great stuff here.
Thank you so very much, Kingcake! I didn't have enough NOLA box sets! LOL
Seriously, I LOVE New Orleans AND its music!
Great post. Thank you very much, KC!!
Thanks, it looks great
Many thanks! Really great
Thanks so much for this amazing collection. There will never be too much NOLA music, and even one unheard song is worth a long search. Your blog is such a great place to visit. Your kindness and generosity shines through each post.
Iggy
Le Roi, I'm a real sucker for any compilation you post because I appreciate the excellent taste, knowledge or music, and discernment that informs the selection but this is one to really treasure. Over the years you have made me, and perhaps a few other souls as musically ignorant as I, aware of the enormous impact musicians from and living in New Orleans have had in shaping our music and our taste. Recently in Blue Hell, we were mulling over the disproportionate impact Louisiana, Texas, and Mississippi have had in defining what we consider American music. Blues, gospel, rhythm and blues, Tejano, Norteno, Cajun, zydeco, swamp blues, Western swing... the breadth of their respective contributions is astounding and New Orleans, our only continental Caribbean city, is clearly the capital, the Mississippian Mesopotamia, from which our music culture originates.
In fact, on this very wet and muggy night on the western shore, you have me hankering for some beignets and a good cup of coffee with this collection and contemplating why I can't get muffuletta sandwiches hereabouts. Even worse, folks around here think crab is comparable to lobster; it's a blasphemy that makes the top of this New England lad's head blow off. Ahhhh to live in a city in which one recalls casually bumping into Allen Toussaint or encountering Ricki Lee Jones in the neighborhood, and being mentored after a fashion by the ever-wise Unky Cliff. You and P-mac are living in a world some of us visit only in our dreams. But the music does provide an inkling of what it must be like and, of course, stans on its own merits. Thanks for sharing it.
Re-arrange these words into a well-known phrase or saying:
runneth
cup
over
my
Thanks you.
Amazing set; thanks for posting!
Wow! A delight! Thanks so very much!
This is very welcome, puts me in the right place!
Amazing
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.