Saturday, May 16, 2015
Lou Pride - Keep On Believing
Veteran Chicago soul/blues vocalist Lou Pride releases "Keep on Believing," his third album on Severn. Aside from a contemporary take on Bob Marley's classic "Waiting in Vain," Lou lends his voice to 11 new originals and a remake of his 1972 hit on the English Northern Soul scene "I'm Com'un Home in the Morn'un." Fellow Chicagoan Willie Henderson (Tyrone Davis, Chi-Lites) composes horn arrangements that marry the sounds of Chicago and Memphis. "Pride is commandingly on the mark - suave and reserved here, passionate there with a touch of Bobby Blue Bland squalling - simply a dynamite soul-blues vocalist." - Tom Hyslop, Blues Revue.
Labels:
Lou Pride

5 comments:
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=3DRRKZIQVG
yet another gift of Mr. Pride! Many thanks, KC!
Thank you mr kingcake!
I had just ordered one of his CDs on Amazon and then came across this gift. Thanks so much; there is so much joy in the discovery of an artist whose work I had not known.
Thanks KC
Another enjoyable album from this guy ...real musicians too !
Cheers
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.