Monday, November 10, 2014

Sun Southern Soul (?)

To be honest, this is a compilation I NEVER saw coming! In everything I've read and heard, there just isn't any Southern Soul-Blues chapter at Sun Studios!! What the Hell?

Well at least some of this stuff (like Johnny Adams and Danny White for sure!) must have been licensed or sold to them post the original release, because I've compared them to the originals that I have and while they are superior modern remasters here (quite welcome), they are still the same versions of the songs.

That said there is plenty of good stuff here and while I remain confused as to the history behind how this music ends up being issued by Sun, that does't mean it isn't a fascinatin' listen.

5 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=3ZRVQHQ1WT

lucky5 said...

Much appreciated, KC!

Lurker said...

You got me at "Johnny Adams"! :)

Moe said...

Thanks so much KC!!

pmac said...

Good collection - but, I agree. The connection to Sun is puzzling.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.