Yep -- another 'customer select' set from the jukebox. Some pot-bellied
fellah with a really ugly shirt and one of those 'Hand Grenade' drinks
from Bourbon Street in each hand wandered in and mistakenly put a $20 in
the jukebox -- he got annoyed when I told him that the box don't make
no change and he punched up all these songs and walked out! It turned
out to be a pretty nice set even tho he din't recognize a thing!
4 comments:
Damn tasty set. A perfect compliment to the first volume.
Here's to Hand Grenade drunks and inexperienced jukebox users with lousy taste in clothes and great taste in music. Despite the Autumn chill in the air here in the mid-Atlantic, the compilation is torching my computer. Who loaded the jukebox with such great blues? Hell, if this was only a four- song set with Lightnin' Hopkins, Eddie Burns, Willie Buck, and the Chico David Bluesband, I'd still be frothin' at the mouth from the mad-dog blues rabies I caught from listening. I really, really enjoy these compilations that you put together.
Back on form. And way better than #1 for me. Signs here of the KC ear-holes exercising their informed discrimination and selectivity, and then stitching together a flow of conversational mood. That's where the incomparable art is. For me that didn't animate any of the scattershot random definition of #1.
It's your KC curated compilations I love the most.
Before leaving us for mixcloud-land, any chance of posting this one for us blogspot loyalists? Thanks, King, as always.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.