Hmmm....did somebody ask about a set of Joe Simon's Sound Stage 7 / Monument tracks? I believe you can also find some links to a couple of the actual albums in the Shares and Requests, but here is a compilation of Simon's work with John Richbourg. (btw Sound Stage 7 was a subsidiary label of Monument.)It looks like a little bit of Spring material is included in the 1970 material the rest is SS7.
6 comments:
https://mega.co.nz/#!rVJgmKyY!fxTgq60-j3aZmIxoffzp0WwSNxHlgmyABBMwtgqD5yY
Thanks. I do actually have a downloaded copy of 'No Sad Songs' but it's a low bit-rate copy (I could share the link if anybody is interested - I believe it is still active). The music is fabulous, but I wish I could find a copy with better sound. This goes a long way towards that goal.
Yes, the vinyl finishes with That's The Way so anything after that is on Spring, bonus tracks for the CD presumably, although Misty Blue wasn't released until 1972 after he'd gone to Spring. Soul bore's back.
Great music. Many thanks!
Another nice one. Man, nothing but gold from Sound Stage 7.
Thanks for the Joe Simon, KC.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.