My most recent mixcloud reflects the change in legal use laws here that restricts me to 3 songs per artist in this format - no more artist spotlights, but this is fun too.
I linked this to Nicolas Payton at his Twitter account - he will almost certainly retweet which should bring some action. You really should be in touch with him because he is committed to classic NOLA music as well. Check out his latest blog post... http://nicholaspayton.wordpress.com/2014/07/08/masters-of-funky-new-orleans-drumming-vol-1/
This is fantastic KC. It's the first time I've heard Charles Brimmer's Afflicted - good but maybe just behind OV Wright's. Tony Owens - I Got Soul is a beauty (though I'm not so sure about Thank You...). Enjoyed Willie West's version of Greatest Love but you'd have to go some distance to beat Judy Clay. Lots of familiar things due to your previous largesse - a joy to listen to on a sunny Scottish afternoon.
Going to lie down now to try and get over seeing Mavis last night.
2 comments:
I linked this to Nicolas Payton at his Twitter account - he will almost certainly retweet which should bring some action. You really should be in touch with him because he is committed to classic NOLA music as well. Check out his latest blog post... http://nicholaspayton.wordpress.com/2014/07/08/masters-of-funky-new-orleans-drumming-vol-1/
This is fantastic KC. It's the first time I've heard Charles Brimmer's Afflicted - good but maybe just behind OV Wright's. Tony Owens - I Got Soul is a beauty (though I'm not so sure about Thank You...). Enjoyed Willie West's version of Greatest Love but you'd have to go some distance to beat Judy Clay. Lots of familiar things due to your previous largesse - a joy to listen to on a sunny Scottish afternoon.
Going to lie down now to try and get over seeing Mavis last night.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.