Another vinyl rip in flac (sorry, but I haven't had time to do an mp3 copy yet) that I recently did for Unkie Cliff - there are several more on tap.
"Two of the principal keepers of the Robert Johnson
flame joined forces for a Rounder LP that's stunning in its
non-conformity to what purists might like to hear from the two veterans.
Jazz and swing influences invest much of the LP, the pair sharing vocal
and guitar duties." AMG
I guess that is why it only got 3 stars...I'd give it at least 4; very enjoyable stuff, even some wonderfully funky moments! Oddly enough, it received a 1980 Handy award in the traditional blues category even though it has little that could be called that. I'm also somewhat baffled that Rounder has never re-released it. This is a not the rip that circulated a few years back - I think mine is cleaner.

5 comments:
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=1ZR1GXFPRJ-hangin__on.part1.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=3VZCGZYSIC-hangin__on.part2.rar
Wow. I recall hearing this when it was first released. Have never been able to find it for purchase. Many thanks KC!
Thanks so much for this and I agree with you about Rounder. Why it would not want to reissue an effort by two master-craftsmen is beyond me given that there is an audience for it judging by the number of blues blogs on the web.
Had no idea these delta blues legends ventured into jazz & swing. Looking forward to hear it. Thanks a lot!
I've collected my share of great music from this website and its "siblings", so when I saw that you didn't have the time to transfer this to MP3, as a token of my gratitude, I took the liberty to do it myself, @320. Here's the link : http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/10841886/file.html
Lurker
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.