Thursday, April 3, 2014

Women's Railroad Blues - Sorry But I Can't Take You

WOW!!! Just how beautiful IS this woman? Don't know about you guys but she would make me act-a-fool in a heartbeat! Her name was Nina Mae McKinney and she was the star of an all black 1929 musical called "Hallelujah!". Since she was the star I'd guess that it is a safe bet that she could sing as well as being knee-buckling gorgeous! I was disappointed to discover that no song of hers is on the LP but that is my ONLY complaint about this record.

These files are from an LP rip I did a couple days ago, but these covers are lifted from Discogs, thus sparing me the arduous tasks of scanning and stitching. The singers may not all be familiar, but you should recognize ALL the side-men.

Back to McKinney .... she was known as the Black Garbo, but had she come along a decade or two later she would have been the Black Bettie Davis - -- those eyes!!!

3 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=0RQXNIOELE

pmac said...

Just listened to this - damn, nice collection.

Brush&Stick said...

Great lp cover! Lovely lady! Classic music! Many thanks!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.