Sunday, April 6, 2014

First Revolution Singers Of New Orleans La.

"The strength of th First Revolution Singers is in their empathy; their special ability to breath as one."

Acapella Jubilee style gospel from modern New Orleans. In the 80's and 90's these gentlemen were regulars on WWOZ Sunday morning gospel, and often opened the many local festivals as well being much in demand at neighborhood churches. I scored a mint lp the other day and ripped it for this mornings second service.

6 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=0YH2YZFJHG

poppachubby said...

throwin it on right now KC

poppachubby said...

Beautiful rip KC... for these really clean LPs with great dynamics, can you share FLAC too?? For us anal retentive audiophiles (which I suspect you are morphing into). I wish religion was as uncomplicated and simple as this recording. When I hear gospel this upbeat and happy I wish I had a better relationship with God.

ceedee said...

Good morning and thanks, Pastor.

KingCake said...

flac files
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1i857ynstlil09q/First%20Revolution%20Singers%20Of%20New%20Orleans.rar

flatspin said...

Great to hear some fine jubilee style singing long after the "Golden Age of Gospel"! Thanks.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.