Another unpublished flashback
This is the
best live Earl King show you will ever hear, period. This show was a live WWOZ broadcast from an
event called R & B Night at Tipitina's. Earl is with George Porter,
Red Morgan and most likely whoever else was in The Running Partners of the time.
The opening track is George and The Pahtna's, and then, it's star time ....Earl comes out to sing a thoroughly satisfying program of some of
his best known tunes. Earl was a great singer and and a gifted writer
with an unusual, lean guitar style. He is one of the very few song
writers whom Jimi Hendrix covered (Let the Good Times Roll on Electric
Ladyland). Any fan of Earl King or just New Orleans music in general
will find this one is a must have.Earl King - R & B Night at Tipitina's 1991
WWOZ radio broadcast
1 Running Partner
2 Over the Hill
3 Lonely, Lonely Nights
4 Trick Bag
5 Things I Used to Do
6 Always a First Time
7 You and I
8 Time for the Sun to Rise
9 Let the Good Times Roll
7 comments:
Wow! I am ridiculously excited to find this recording and pretty much everything that you have posted here! Thank you so much for all of your hard work.
Thanks KC
You could have bet your mortgage that Id be D/L this ! I have the other EKs and the LDs on copies or D/Ls - Looking forward to this !
Cheers
Awesome to get to hear this fine Earl King live recording. Thanks.
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=5QVHZSMZGM
Wonderful repost. I used to see him frequently at the Tastee Donuts on Esplanade and Broad. Real nice guy in addition to being one hell of a musician.
Thanks KC. This is is awesome.
Splendid session ! Many thanks, KC, for this beautiful present.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.