Sunday, December 20, 2015

Mahalia Jackson - How I Got Over, Vol 3

Of course this is reposted as well.

The final volume of the pre-Columbia recordings of the great Mahalia Jackson. Thanks to our brother Elder Clifford for providing this lovely set.


The divine Mother Mahalia rules this Sunday!

9 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=2OMWDZVOAZ

poppachubby said...

Thanks so much for this set KC, it's a real treasure... simply a treasure. The scans are also really appreciated.

Feilimid O'Broin said...

Mahalia Jackson redefines the word greatness. This post during the week in which the fiftieth anniversary of the march on Washington is remembered; I can think of no better tribute. Thanks so much for this one.

Feilimid O'Broin said...

Mahalia Jackson redefines the word greatness. This post during the week in which the fiftieth anniversary of the march on Washington is remembered; I can think of no better tribute. Thanks so much for this one.

ceedee said...

Wunnerful. My PC imploded (avoid windows vista updates - satan's tools) and I'm on my son's laptop - about be thrown off. Just wanted to say,at the risk of offending chubby, that this is better than her CBS stuff. However, to contradict myself, one of my very favouritest Mahalia's is Wake Up In Glory so many thanks KC and poppa.

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=8RHRMFGGSF-How I Got Over The Apollo Records Sessions 1946-1954 Disc 3.rar

Prof. Yaffle said...

Fantastic! Many thanks!!

Lil'ol'lady said...

Hi, KingCake. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season. Thank you for this fantastic blog. May you continue to surprise and educate those who come here searching for the treasures you share. Your work is very much appreciated all year 'round!

Alberto Cos said...

Thanks a lot for re-up all the three!!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.