Friday, January 15, 2016

Junior Parker - Ride With Me, Baby (The Singles 1952-1961 +bonus)

A repost from a couple years ago.....

Murphy's Law is a powerful thing.

Some of y'all will remember that back around last Thanksgiving, I had spent a weekend assembling an upgraded version of MCA's less-than-great re-issues of Junior Parker's Duke sides. Literally the following week, Cliff found and ordered this newly re-mastered double disc set that covers EVERYTHING, Sun and Duke, from 1951 to 1961. Once again it was time to figure out what to keep and what to pitch. Sigh....Oh, well it was no where near as complicated for having done the previous work.

This set does a really nice job on the period it covers, BUT this one too is mysteriously pulled up at least one disc short of completing the entire Duke era. Perhaps they are working on a second set, but in the meanwhile I have attached a new 20 track supplement to cover as much of that material as I have now. Hopefully this will trigger a second Murphy's Law response and a second package will be issued that finally does Junior full justice.

Sorry to revamp your files yet again, but I think you'll find it is worth it.

9 comments:

pmac said...

Nice one King. Now you have me alternating songs on my stereo between Junior and Booker. Yeah, I know; what a problem!

gouldee said...

KC, Sounds like you've taken the best of the best. With great appreciation. All good. Thanks, Gouldee BTW, am having a lot of fun with Booker, and he's all new for me.

wouter said...

thank you very much for this great improvement, KC!
i do hope that the record company will issue a sequel...

RickB said...

Thanks, as always for the great music. Junior Parker has a special place in my heart as he was one of the first artists I heard when I first began to discover early blues, and rhythm and blues. Wonderful music.

Jazzjet said...

Great share, KC. And particularly the supplement.

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=2JZZJGE3EJ-More Duke.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=5FEZEHF5CG-The Singles 1952-1961.rar

Anonymous said...

Thanks for Junior...

Wayne

Steve626 said...

Thanks very much for the effort of putting this together. It really is criminal that you can't easily get Junior Parker's Duke recordings in one place, and I'm really looking forward to listening to this.

rontokyo said...

Thanks! [Yet again and again. . . .]

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.