Well kids. the potential collapse of the blogworld has me thinking "as much. as fast as possible", in anticipation of the end - no more bitching about speed because I really don't think anyone is going to last too much longer. Fast as I can upload them I'll post them to the best choice left, what ever that may be. Write-up's will truncate too for the time being - no time for the history lessons, as much as that breaks my heart. Chances are the road forward lies in expensive, truely private Cloud banks, and blogs. We may well be able to continue but likely only in private and paid environment for everyone. I am well aware that that will be impossible for many and I confess that the "sponsored" / "commercial" blogs are looking more attractive suddenly.
Someday I will be able to present these right, but that day is not today. You guys should know enough by now to have some idea what you are looking at. Thru the course of the night I will try to update all the posts with still active Mediafire links that have been unavailable because I moved them, on ALL the blogs. This will give new life to some things and I guess I'll just move it all forward so that it is clear. As much as I enjoy form and style, screw that!
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=4JYRHGVWIZ

5 comments:
Thanks KC
The Future ?.... We've got to be creative here ...There will be ways around this latest scare .. File providers will become minnows without blogs - Grandad uploading photos for 1 or 2 relatives ... They'll lose their advertising and relevance... Private is an option but I know you like newcomers ... We must stay tuned and explore info on the net .. Every visitor here could explore and advise of any possible positive responses -
Don't let the bastards get you down !
KC, You are The Man. We love you. The sounds you and your disciples have given us will echo throughout eternity. Never say die.
Erect and resurrect!!!!
Much as I'd like to agree with Guitar Gus, the forces against free blogs are formidable in the United States. Having lost the SOPA and PIPA battle, Hollywood and the music industry are making another run for better crafted laws that ban and criminalize blogs like this. They are oblivious to the fact that blogs like this expose us fanatics to artists whom we may not otherwise have known and whose other work we will seek to buy because of the introduction here. Lobbyists are working Congress now and Hollywood and the industry have the momentum and money.
The reality is that we are damn lucky to have had this blog as long as we have. So many other great blogs have shut down or are no longer posting. I have noticed that servers that are still available overseas that have shut down here rather than face the legal consequences which hang over all servers since the Megauploads bust. A couple of blogs have gone private but are still waging an uphill battle. Mediafire, Rapidshare, and other servers that were user friendly for free users are no longer because of the monitoring by the Justice Department. The more followers a blog has the more vulnerable the blogger or bloggers are to legal action. Apparently Hollywood and the music industry haven't figured out that their limited offerings, neglect of many music genres, and focus on commercialism and profits are the reasons why compact disc sales are down in the U.S.
My suspicion is that the majority of blog followers are like me and have large compact disc collections. Mine is over 3000. Some of us have even replaced most of our vinyl records with purchased compact discs so the industry has profited twice. But it doesn't matter, the industry and shareholders must have their scapegoats for their own failure. As I wrote previously, I am waiting for the effort to prevent public libraries from allowing cardholders to take out DVDs and compact discs because they can be downloaded and burned, and often are.
There's even a growing debate here about whether the Internet should be free. After all this is the United States where our true prophets are our profits. Again thanks for fighting as long as you have K.C. Your blogs have expanded my world and taste considerably and between what I have bought and buy and download, I think I've enough music to listen to for the rest of my life. Being a fanatic, I always want more but the shutdown of many blogs and my budget will make that less and less likely. Moreover, I will have a difficult time ethically buying music from those who have endorsed legal sanctions and oppressive laws against bloggers, servers, and downloading. The thrill is gone...
I know KC and the other contributors will keep fighting the good fight but I have been anticipating the end for some time. We music fanatics just don't have enough money to buy influence and Hollywood and the music industry are working on more surreptitious ways of curtailing blog and server activity that don't cause the public outcry that SOPA and PIPA did.
As the Megauploads bust proves, there are already sufficient laws to prosecute alleged infringement of copyright. Of course, the music industry denounces us as pirates while conveniently overlooking all of the singers and bands it ripped off and exploited over the years. It also conveniently overlooks the fact that even thought production of compact discs was cheaper than production of vinyl recordings, it doubled the price of vinyl for purchasers of compact discs through the eighties and nineties and during the early years often put out shoddy quality re-recordings of vinyl.
At this point, I'm wondering what the industry's response will be to friends lending other friends compact discs to burn or burning copies for them. It's a brave new world.
On a happier note, I love this album. I am reading Gillet's book, which you recommended, and have a better appreciation for what these pioneers were doing. Thanks.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.