When someone of GIANT talent and tiny (18 tracks) recorded legacy comes across your path, you can only hope that what you get has decent songs and competent production and professional recording - check, check. check!
Who the hell was Willie Hightower? GOOD QUESTION! Ummm he was from Alabama and these tracks were done in the 70's. He came along too late in the ballgame to be the Southern Soul Super-Star he should have been.
That's it! All I got! After these 18 songs you will be just as distressed as I am by that.

14 comments:
Had me confused this morning, before I had a shot of caffeine. Knew of the Chicago/New Orleans jazz musician by the same name, but realize this is a different musician. Great find - been listening to it this morning. How a guy like this remained in obscurity, and the crap that passes off as music today gains world wide recognition, is one of life's sad mysteries. Thanks, KC!
WOW! Amazing! A lost soul GEM!!!! Thanks!
Truly as you said it !
Many thanks, KC.
new to me, and excellent music! thanks a lot, KC!
Thanks KC. Looking forward to hearing this,
Thanks KC
A great unknown voice to me ( exposed on a UK compilation) ...He's a Sam Cooke fan for sure...but who wasn't
And the songs are well put together...They don't make singers like this anymore...Why?...
I think they are still out there Gus. Prob is finding them. We have one in NO. a transplant from LA, Antoine Diel. Guy is the real thing, but he's struggling to build an audience. He has one album out, that crosses all genres. Out of respect to him, I won't post it here, but it is on spotify.
i agree with gus, very much in the sam cooke mold, but nothing wrong with that.
thanks for introducing me to this wonderful almost-lost collection of tunes.
-peacenik
Re-up please
http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/sivUMYJL/file.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFPcsMwyUeA#action=share
The Youtube link is Willie HIghtower at Fame
I owe you tuition for the education you've provide on southern soul artists, known and unknown. Thanks so much for this and for all you do in maintaining a blog that has no peers.
http://souldetective.com/index.html
He's back...
:-)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.