While I think that Bibb is one of the most impressive of the modern bluesmen, I have never been particularly interested in acquiring all of his recordings. Cliff found this unusual Japanese set that fits nicely into my desire to have more, but not all of his recordings.
10 comments:
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/TSahblii/file.html
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/jjZm2O5I/file.html
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/l7uHcAtU/file.html
I've always thought of Bibb as being a watered down version of Keb Mo. But, def glad to have a compilation album of his stuff - thanks, KC!
Thanks KC (and Cliff).
Of the 40 tracks I already have there are only eight which get played. So I feel able to echo KC's commentary.
Glad for the chance to hear more and appreciate the opportunity, but I experience no thrill about it.
So, Lazz, "the thrill is gone"?
I had originally written that "I experience no tumescence about it", but changed it because of the children, Paul.
I am also happily changing my mind about Bibb - this is a discriminating collection of good varied stuff.
I like it. The thrill returns.
Wow. Yeah. Far broader range than that I previously convicted him of and tried to throw away the key.
Listening while working. Some of it coloured quite Curtis Mayfield.
I was ready for some Gary Davis, but not the Curtis touch.
I'l def cue it up this weekend.
Thanks, KC. Eric Bibb has always been my favorite among the wave of newer traditional blues artists. There is something about his delivery that can be quite affecting. I will digest this 3-CD set with pleasure.
Thanks KC & UC (there that's Cliffs tag !)
Like Pres I love this guy ....He's REAL and carries the root in his voice...and he's wonderfully eclectic...I have loads...but had to have this comp...Cheers from Hamlet-Gus a minstrel from Little Village england...mf
Thanks for this KC, Eric is not an artist that I'm overly familiar with so I look forward to hearing this nice overview – truth is, when Lazz mentioned Curtis I knew that it was one that I had to try.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.