Saturday, June 13, 2015

Walter Wolfman Washington - Leader Of The Pack

I was searching a Russian torrent site the other night and came upon this rareity by accident. To tell you the truth, I don't recall this album at all and Walter has been a friend for a long time! All the previous Hep-Me material that I've heard came from the singles collected on that "Best of New Orleans R&B" series with the really bright covers. This album packages the first 8 of those 11 tracks into a miraculously more cohesive whole than I ever recall that CD being. I know that I have that disc - gonna have to revisit it.

In the mean time I have already loaded this up even tho I now realize that I already had it differently packaged. Walter's guitar is killin' and the horns are terrific. Hell yeah!

5 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=6ZLXCXYVFY

GuitarGus said...

Thanks KC
I've been a fan from vinyl days ...and also have several of the Wolfman's CDs...He's a soulful funky dude ...And this I don't have
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to the amazing Ellis Hooks?

pmac said...

I have it under a different cover, too. Guess the European release got the comic cover??? Interestingly, Walter and Harry Connick Jr recorded several tracks at the Musicians Village a couple of years ago (as did several other local artists and Connick) that was supposed to be released as a new album for Connick. I was fortunate enough to hear the master tapes and Walter is fantastic, plus the recordings finally bring forth the promise that people once placed in Connick (he sheds the Sinatra lounge singing act, and goes full bore Booker). But, the tapes sit and there is no word on whether (if) they will ever see the light of day.

KingCake said...

Who knows, this may well be the original LP cover, I just hadn't seen it.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.