I just HAD to put this up because I was watching an interview with Gate in which he discussed the 3 months that he spent on tour with Eric Clapton. He got me at first giggling and finally belly laughing out loud. Apparently at some point in the tour Gate was moved to ask Senor Guitar God "What the f__k do you need 20 guitars on stage with you fo' ? One for every guy you tryin' to copy?"
Whew!!! Has anyone ever more succinctly described all there is to know about Clapton? My belief is that all the genuinely important and original things Clapton has EVER played could easily be contained in 2 discs. That said, 2 discs is quite a bit more than most can claim.
Okay, Clapton slam done....umm by the way, this is an absolutely killer Gate album - enjoy my friends.

11 comments:
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=1SCKYJIDM5
Love me some Gatemouth. If you have the chance, try to listen to any of his live recordings. He always put on a great show.
you know I'm lovin it...
Ditto....
Hey KC ...a little easier on EC ...he's one of my heroes ...and who didn't have influences ? ,,, But I gotta say Gatemouth's comment was pretty funny ...and I do have this album
Cheers
I thought that I had offered a concession that he had far more genuinely terrific output than most, just not as much as many seem determined to claim - if it is any consolation my feelings are quite similar as regards Beck and Page
Gatemouth was the man!
Two discs of important and original Eric Clapton? That I'd like to see. :)
Eric who?
Thanks, KC, for this Splendid opus of the Master.
Awesome, thanks!
please repost
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.