Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Darrell Banks - I'm The One Who Loves You

 Patsoul's contribution of Banks' Atlantic album gave us the opening chapter of his musical legacy. Here is the next and sadly final chapter of that story.

Banks came to Stax in 1969 and a flurry of recording resulted in the one full LP, a couple singles and some demo's. Once again the amazing folks of Kent/Ace have managed to assemble everything and preserve this too brief talent. Banks was shot and killed in early 1970.

8 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=9SD5YTWWAU-darrell_banks.rar

Moe said...

Another great soul artist that died too early. This is some great music; my favorite song being "Beautiful Feeling"

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this and for the earlier one as well. Missed that the first time but MF link is still active.

LAZZ said...

Thanks KC and PatSoul.
Catching up on some listening and right at this moment Darrell is Hanging His Head and Cryin', keeping his Love In The Pocket, and Opening The Door to Your Heart.. Sounds early Motown to me ... and certainly sign of some elemental signature style here - don't know if it's in the arrangements or notion of A&R - but who knows what he may have done without the happenstance of jealousy and crossed lovers (I sure would never have heard of him anyway without Chitlins...)?

LAZZ said...

....... and the more I listen (now onto the Volt collection), the more profound is the impression he is leaving on me.
He easily may have had capacity to become major.

ceedee said...

I agree Lazz, but then talent was no guarantee. 'There's No One Blinder' should just be a regulation soul song but I've kept returning to it over the years - and it is the voice. He had that soul that could move you.

flatspin said...

I can't go past 'No One Blinder.' Totally memorable, great vocal. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Please re- up

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.