Sunday, March 24, 2013

Little Johnny Taylor - Everybody Knows About My Good Thing

WHEW, that is one ridiculous looking shirt in any era! I'm betting there was something hideous with the cuffs too.

A really nice album though!

Here is proof positive that the requests area works, frankie mules asked and...
I'm kind of happy to finally see some interest in this guy, the earlier LJT posts did not seem to garner much attention, perhaps now.

"Everybody Knows About My Good Thing album by Little Johnny Taylor was re-released Oct 2005 on the Fuel 2000 label. Something of a 1970s comeback for the successful '60s blues and R&B singer Little Johnny Taylor, this highlight of this vintage R&B set is the hit two-part title track, a rueful song that itemizes Taylor's valiant efforts to keep his woman to himself. Everybody Knows About My Good Thing music CDs Also included are an impressive variety of choice Southern soul cuts, including the delicate "You've Got the Love I Need" the impassioned "How Can a Broke Man Survive," and the funky "Baby Get Hip to Yourself." Liner Note Author: Bill Dahl. Living Blues (p. 77) - "Throughout, Taylor's passionate mix of gospel intensity, good-natured backdoor salaciousness, and ironic humor shines through with undiminished excellence."

5 comments:

Feilimid O'Broin said...

My corneas are seared from looking at his shirt (I think he needed to change his surname if he wanted to wear clothes like that), so this will be brief to allow my eyes enough time to recover and see the keyboard again, this a solid, fine album of soul and blues that I am really enjoying. Thanks.

GuitarGus said...

Thanks KC
Love this guy and didn't have this classic album (only the hits on compilations)
I have the Ace comp with the earlier Galaxy cuts.
Did this guy ever record a bad record ... don;t think so
Cheers

Anonymous said...

KC, thanks for responding to the request. Your generosity is amazing and your music collection seems to have no limits... This album fills a gap for me between LJT's early Galaxy R&B recordings and his later records which lean a little more towards blues. On first listen it has a kind of groovy vibe which hints at the 1970 recording date. Great stuff!

Anonymous said...

If Frankie asked, so...!
Everybody knows for sure about their worst things first, I'm afraid!
Serge

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=4IZSERDNE4

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.