From a
Whisper to a Scream.
The album predates the Sea-Saint era, it was
recorded in Los Angeles but with a cast of New Orleans players including
Mac Rebennack, John Boudreaux, Clyde Kerr and Earl Turbinton. Released
on the English Kent label the album wasn't given wide distribution in
the states and quickly disappeared from print. The record featured
Toussaint versions of Working in a Coal Mine and Everything I Do Gonna
Be Funky both of which were previously released by Lee Dorsey.
Allen Toussaint - From a Whisper to a Scream
Kent 1970
1) From a Whisper to a Scream
2) Chokin' Kind
3) Sweet Touch of Love
4) What is Success
6) Everything I Do Gonna be Funky
7) Either
8) Louie
9) Cast Your Fate to the Wind
10) Number Nine
11) Pickles

10 comments:
I dug this post up because of a comment on your latest JB post. I remember having read your write-up on Toussaint before. It shook me up a bit. Toussaint has been among my favourite writers/ producers for quite a while, but nobody is perfect etc.
However, it is because of of your (and the rest of the crew) deep knowledge of the NO music scene that I enjoy your blogs.
Keep on shaking me up!
Very nice, I'm enjoying one of the best Toussaint I've ever heard of...
Never seen before in my country
Thank you KingCake, very precious Toussaint indeed.
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=1YJ2JICTIH
Thanks for both of the Toussaint albums..
Wayne
The work he did for Warner Bros was amazing. The news of his death, just really hit me hard.
Yes, very very good album ! Great thanks.
RIP :(
Many thanks
Many thanks
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.