Certainly one of the more maudlin Christmas albums ever, but it IS Johnny Adams so...
".....In 1975, he recorded his only Christmas album (A Christmas With Johnny
Adams - Ace 2046) which has since been re-released on vinyl in 1987 as
Maison de Soul LP-1023 with a different cover, then in a 1993 CD by Ace
with the original LP cover, and again as a 1994 CD by Mardi Gras Records
with still another cover and the title changed to Christmas In New
Orleans.
His effortless handling of a mix of traditional carols
and some of the more memorable Pop/R&B Christmas tunes ever written,
all recorded at New Orleans' Sea Saint Studio and produced here with
excellent sound reproduction and new and informative liner notes written
by Jeff "Almost Slim" Hanusch, makes this the perfect album for Holiday
enjoyment."
Backing musicians include guitarists Walter
Washington and Jimmie Moliere, pianist/organists Sam Henry Jr. And
Raymond Jones, pianist Isaac Bolden and drummers Danny Jones and Benson
Dupre."
Okay, not Johnny's finest by any measure, but it is seasonally appropriate.


9 comments:
While I agree that its not one of his better outings, any Johnny is better than most artists recording today.
Yes, Any Johnny is better than most. Didn't have this, and his stuff is hard to find. Thanks much. Merry Xmas.
Yes, Any Johnny is better than most. Didn't have this, and his stuff is hard to find. Thanks much. Merry Xmas.
Yes, Any Johnny is better than most. Didn't have this, and his stuff is hard to find. Thanks much. Merry Xmas.
It's time to listen to these song ! Many thanks, KC.
Normally I avoid Christmas albums like the plague, but THIS is Johnny Adams so I'll be checking it out !
thanX
http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/6XEiYsJp/file.html
Just Great !
All I can say is I miss Johnny.....
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.