Saturday, June 10, 2017

Johnny Moore - Lonely Heart In The City

Okay so the previous information supplied was the wrong Johnny Moore of Chicago (There are at least 3 or 4). This Moore is from Mississippi, 1940 - moves to Chicago 1960, but finds most of his success as a prolific songwriter - he wrote Turn Back The Hands of Time for Tyronne Davis and 100's of other songs for the like of Syl Johnson and other Hi Records stars. These are likely all there is of HIS recordings as he never really found success as a singer himself.

The only bio is in the cd sleeve, but links to those scans are now in the notes.

8 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/PorOSgYA/file.html

pmac said...

Had no clue he had a recording career outside of the Drifters. Looking forward to this - thanks, my friend.

lucky5 said...

Thanks a lot, KC!

RICCARDO said...

THE ALBUM COVER AND SONGS LISTED ARE FROM ANOTHER JOHNNY MOORE, NOT THE ONE LISTED IN YOUR NOTES.
ALTHOUGH A EXCEPTIONAL.R&B VOCALIST THEY ARE BUT THEY ARE NOT ONE IN THE SAME.

KingCake said...

Do you have a bio by any chance? I thought I'd pared it down to the right one, but whatever you can tell me, Id appreciate.

D0dge57 said...

Hi KC, easy mistake to make Johnny Moore…Chicago…there can't be two surely! I've scanned the booklet for you that comes with this disc which should tell you all that you need to know about the very underrated Mr Moore (a few nice pics and some label scans - oh how we love our label scans!). Hope this helps and I haven't stepped on anyone else's toes!
http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/NvKUjFYL/file.html

KingCake said...

Thanks - my scanner was broken when I copied the disc so not only didn't I scan the book, apparently I didn't read it either.

Chris T said...

Thanks a lot for this Johnny Moore

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.