A very unique collection of tracks compiled from the actual records of the jukebox company supplying the singles to four different Mississippi juke joints circa 1940-41.
The notes, which I've included in full, describe the sources and the method used to compile this 4 cd set. I think you will be as surprised as I was as to the content...it is not what I expected.
This is another of Cliff's recent acquisitions...I think he was surprised too.

16 comments:
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/N67w2aaV/file.html
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/ORYqoIJU/file.html
http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/zoBfDGbJ/file.html
http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/Ik50OMlj/file.html
this will be what I'm listening to over the weekend. Thanks, KC and Cliff!
A great "slice of life" project. It reminds me of the listing Alan Lomax did of Muddy Waters' record collection when he was still in Mississippi. Thanks for this all the other great posts!
Oh, GREAT! Thank you guys!
Thnx KC - change of pace for me.
Thank you so much for this. Great documentary. Not to be greedy, but is there any chance of the 'Bonus disc... obtained by getting in touch directly with Rhythm & Blues Records' (scan 009 p17)?
Thanks KC & Cliff
So many reasons why these ended up staying in the JBoxes...Anyway...a really nice collection of some great music...and I love historical recordings ...Cheers guys
Looks wonderful and I'm eagerly awaiting the final d/l so I can unpack and see what tracks are in this set. Many thanks for posting.
King, you've stroke again! Nice way to dive into gone old days, long before mp3's. Great share as usual: the soundtrack of my holydays. Many many thks, KC. Cheers!
zardoz1984
@ nemo - I'm sure everyone would be happy to have you order it yourself and share it with us.
KC - I'll give it a shot. Didn't realize the CDs were current. Thanks
This is great! Many thanks to you and Cliff. With appreciation........
Between my collection and YouTube I compiled the tracks from the bonus disc. Here's the link - https://mega.nz/#!0oUlVb4D!t6VQ56PLNYhFGG1tBesPQjsX4bOZ-v5JX3DTwqEK76k
Many thanks, Sunman!
Thanks KC and Cliff. Cool compilation, a great snapshot of an era, despite being mis-titled.
-peacenik
KingCake this was exactly the rhythm change I needed. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.