Thursday, June 23, 2016

Searching for a pair of Z.Z. Hills

 Dr Hepcat and I have managed to assemble all the Z.Z. Hill material except for these two albums - this is a call to our Southern Soul fans to see if we can fill these last 2 holes in his discography. The first is the first Malaco album - the other appears to be his last record on the 601 label.

12 comments:

GuitarGus said...

Here is the link to the 1st Malaco album by Z Z Hill :
http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/8fLU6ccd/file.html

KingCake said...

1 down, 1 to go! Thanks Gus

Feilimid O'Broin said...

Thanks Gus & Le Roi, A great introduction to the weekend!!! Z. Z. Hill is yet another great singer I discovered through this blog. I'm so relieved that you don;t charge tuition for the education in southern soul!

Lou Cypher said...

My "podna" Blue DeVille tells me he has Blues Business and that he will post it soon on Blue Dragon. We'll keep you posted when it's done.

Unknown said...

Hello friends: ZZ Hill - Blues Business is posted on Blue Dragon. Enjoy

Unknown said...

Dedicated to the denizens of Chitlins from Blue Hell . LOL

dodge_57 said...

Hi everybody, here is some more ZZ Hill on Malaco which might have been missed, i can't see it here anywhere. It's his Bluesmaster album, released in 1984 the year of his untimely passing and contains one of his best ever songs "I'm Gonna Stop You From Givin' Me The Blues". Incidentally I think that the 601 Music cd is a series of discs that Malaco released as a sort of best of cheaper cd with only 10 tracks, I have several by different artists. Enjoy
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/XesohdJj/file.html
PS Any chance of a reup on the 3 James Carr ds? Thanks

Preslives said...

I always thought that Blues Business consisted of selected tracks from the Malaco albums. At least that is the reason why I never picked it up when it was available.

Unknown said...

Well, The hole is filled,2 down, 0 to go. Just tried to be helpfull..

KingCake said...

It may be Malaco tracks, I confess I never checked it to see - thanks none the less BD!

Anonymous said...

Yes thanks for the uploads!
DrHepcat

Serge said...

Thank You! It's so nice to find Z.Z.Hill. I'd listen for him pair with Johnny Adams, cheers!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.