Thursday, December 11, 2014

Johnny Winter - Winter Essentials 1960 - 1967

OKAY...I've been a JW fan since I was 14 and I've never heard even the slightest hint that THIS stuff even ever happened, much less that there were recordings! Don't be looking for flaming guitar solos on every tune, there are actually very few. To me, the jaw dropping aspect of hearing this is that J-dub was every bit as cool a singer as little bro Edgar ever was when he wanted to be. I'd say he was more soulful and had better timing than Edgar ever did...listen to his rendition of Lowell Fulson's "Tramp" and THEN talk to me.

These two discs are a revelation!  Johnny had the chops to do ANYTHING! Kind of like Jimi in that regard, eh? The scariest thing is that this music was made, primarily, when he was a teenager!

6 comments:

KingCake said...

JWCD 1.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=0IF4NIF3ZS

JWCD2.rar
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=0HHOD5AYWC

pmac said...

Fantastic!!!! Thanks, KC!

Moe said...

Thanks!!! He has always been one of my favs and you are right Tramp is a killer.

GuitarGus said...

Thanks KC
I do have a couple of JW oldies on CD but not these...Grateful for these historical insights ...and Ice Cube (track 1...cd1) shows what a neat gifted player...Texas...In Your Face...he could be
Cheers bro...and a festive hug to you Cliff and our small but elite Blues Brotherhood ...and a heartfelt wish that our Bard...FOB (so named by me...for typing reasons ! ) has a giant leap into feeling well...Nuff Said...yeah I was a fan of Marvel comics from age 11...and had all the SM editions...up to about 270 +...I sold them for a pretty good price

Lurker said...

Kingcake, a tip of my hat to you for being a lover of good music, whatever the genre. I mean, when I started getting into jazz some 40 years ago, I couldn't tell the jazz crowd I was hanging with I loved Johnny Winter or they would have banned me! I'm glad to see that others, like me, have no problem loving John Coltrane AND Johnny Winter. Oh, and thank you for posting tis too, as my own collection only started with the Progressive Blues Experiment. So far. ;)

kristophermc28 said...

Man, this looks cool! I had no idea about it, either.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.