Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Southern Funkin'-- Louisiana Funk and Soul 1967-1970

By now it should be clear that I'm clearing the re-post cue so if you've requested something. be patient, it's coming.

It's funny how much difference that fewer than 100 miles North can make, but this shares very little with the New Orleans Funk of the same time period. That surely doesn't make it bad by any means, just different.

10 comments:

pmac said...

Interesting mix. I traveled through just about every small town/burg in the state: Atlanta, La; St. Joseph, La; Catahoula; Transvlvania, La (yeah - a real place), etc. Its hard core Southern baptist once you get out of either NO or Lafayette. Can't wait to hear this one.

Moe said...

Great stuff! I love the Funk!

Pippo said...

The band names are full of imagination, but they don't give no even the faintest idea of how good and funky the music is ...
Thank you KingCake, great post.

rubberduck said...

MAny thanks !

ASDLR said...

Link's dead. Anyway you would re-post this gem ? Many thanks.

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=8XHGGBEWMT

Brush&Stick said...

Thank you for re-posting this!

Feilimid O'Broin said...

I'm not sure I caught this the first time you posted it. Many thanks for all you do in providing such a supremely enjoyable and informative blog.

Guitarradeplastico,scraping oddities said...

many thanks, great day for me

Anonymous said...

Please re- up

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.