A five-disc box set from England's JSP Records, Big Joe Williams and the Stars of Mississippi Blues collects 126 tracks by Big Joe Williams and loosely related artists like Willie Lofton, Honeyboy Edwards, Robert Petway, and Tommy McClennan. Disc one opens with a half dozen tracks from Williams (including "49 Highway Blues") with Henry Townsend on second guitar that were recorded in Chicago in February 1935, followed by four sides (including Williams'
signature song, "Baby Please Don't Go") recorded the following
Halloween. The disc closes out with four songs from a session in Aurora,
IL, in 1937, and nine tracks recorded in March and December of 1941. Sunday, March 16, 2014
Big Joe Williams and the Stars of Mississippi Blues, Disc A
A five-disc box set from England's JSP Records, Big Joe Williams and the Stars of Mississippi Blues collects 126 tracks by Big Joe Williams and loosely related artists like Willie Lofton, Honeyboy Edwards, Robert Petway, and Tommy McClennan. Disc one opens with a half dozen tracks from Williams (including "49 Highway Blues") with Henry Townsend on second guitar that were recorded in Chicago in February 1935, followed by four sides (including Williams'
signature song, "Baby Please Don't Go") recorded the following
Halloween. The disc closes out with four songs from a session in Aurora,
IL, in 1937, and nine tracks recorded in March and December of 1941. 
8 comments:
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=8XUXJIAZCZ
Not surprising you only have the same handful of visitors commenting, when you delete/commandeer their comments to make yourself look better (I guess.) How pathetic is that? I, for one, won't be bothering anymore. The stench of ego . . .
What in the world are you talking about? The only person whose comments were ever deleted on any of my blogs was one asshole a couple years ago on the jazz side - if that was you then I invite you to leave once again since your only purpose ever has been to snipe and leave nasty messages - if you actually have something to say, I've yet to hear it - the picture you paint actually sounds like a self portrait!
As usual, of course, you hide behind anonymous - I strongly doubt you have ever made a positive contribution here or anywhere else in life
I'm pretty confused. Why would anyone waste time sending nasty comments to the guy who is taking the time to post what, by any account, is great music. Personally, I find enough opportunity to be an asshole in my daily real life that I don't particularly need to seek more on my computer.
This guy needs to get out more.
Anyway KingCake, Happy St. Pat's and thanks for Big Joe, one of the truly great American blues originals. I look forward to the other CDs.
I do notice that the comment has not been deleted.
But the "commandeering" angle will require a bit more research.
The very idea of commandeering one's own web-site seems quite revolutionary.
I like it.
Truly
The only hypotheses I have is that either this is a self-evident case of mistaken internet identity.
Or that our little miss anonymous is really clinically a dick-head.
Possible both at one and the same time.
Hurrah!
Well, thanks as always, again and again, for a trove a fantastic, soul-lifting music here on Chitlin circuit.
As if I don't have enough great music to listen to...I tuned in WWOZ online the other day, and thought I gotta do this more often!!
Music...the great healer... peace and love to all.
Man, but this is brilliant. And thanks to the captain of the ship, Comandeer KC.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.