Monday, March 21, 2016

Johnny Adams - Live in New Orleans unpublished broadcasts

Another re-post: 

I gotta say that it always bothered me that this got no response when I first posted it here - I mean how often do you have a shot at unreleased Johnny Adams?

Johnny was a singer's singer blessed with a huge, personal sound that made anything he chose to sing thoroughly authentic. He had a good ear for songs and does some of the greatest ever covers of writers like Doc Pomus and Percy Mayfield. In my mind, Adams perfectly represents the gumbo of New Orleans music; he's at home with jazz, blues, funk... hell with those pipes he could sing any damn thing he wanted.
Johnny Adams - Live in New Orleans
unpublished broadcasts


1) Intro
2) Georgia
3) You'll Never Have a Man Like Me
4) A Room With a View of the Blues
5) Please Send Me someone to Love
6) One Foot in the Blues
7) Married Women
8) CC Rider
1-8 @ Tipitina's 1/28/98 w/ the Dave Bartholomew Orchestra
9) Until You
10) I Cover the Waterfront
11) I Lost My Mind
12) Roadblock My Baby
13) The Verdict
14) Walking on a Tightrope
9-14 @ Howling Wolf, Rounder Jazz Fest Party 4/29/95 w/ Torkanowsky,Vidacovich, Singleton & Plas Johnson.

18 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=0MGIYMQXUG

pmac said...

I do know that its David Torkanowsky on keys, and James Singleton on bass. Its not Walter Washington on guitar, but not sure who took his place on the gig. I already have this, but to anyone that doesn't, its a must listen.

Anonymous said...

Missed it the first time, probably because I hadn't found this site yet. Extremely thankful for the re-up!

Lurker

Anonymous said...

Lord. Can't wait-love me some Tan Canary. Now how about some Snooks on 'OZ?(Not to be an ingrate)

Anonymous said...

God, it's GORGEOUS.

LAZZ said...

I missed it somehow the first time, too.
Glad you re-posted it.
Thanks.

GuitarGus said...

Hey I missed this too (..I don't remember seeing it ) Oh well ...
Thanks KC - A real treat !
Cheers

g said...

I didn't miss this on this blog - - but found it in 'the Krypt' and thanked The King for the music - and the live Johnny Adams. And also thanked him for another live broadcast that was placed at 'the Krypt' - - one of a King named Earl

g said...

And - it looks like, looking at the front of today's blog, 'A Great Day In New Orleans'

KingCake said...

Thanks g...it always seemed like a 'hard sell' to post this stuff at the old Crypt -- glad to know there was someone paying attention.

fcapeau said...

Many thanks, KC, for this very welcome re-up

hervé said...

link is dead for a long time and in the request someone askk for a new link. enfoiré! t'as toujours pas mis a new link

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=3GJXQIBORD

Anonymous said...

Yeah Baby!

DrHepcat

Jeff said...

Great stuff! Saw Johnny at Snug Harbor in New Orleans early 90's.

sunman said...

I had the pleasure of backing Johnny many times in Michigan and Ontario with my band the Sun Messengers. His version of "Ooh Poo Pah Do" & "Stand By Me" were always crowd favorites.

DenisVan said...

@sunman Did you play "One Foot In The Blues" with Johnny Adams ? I'm looking for the complete chords of that song (beyond the standard blues chords) bridge, end of the song... Anyway, what a lucky boy you are ! Backing Johnny must have been a great experience and a real lesson of feeling :-)

Denis Van said...

@sunman Did you play "One Foot In The Blues" with Johnny Adams ? I'm looking for the complete chords of that song (beyond the standard blues chords) bridge, end of the song... Anyway, what a lucky boy you are ! Backing Johnny must have been a great experience and a real lesson of feeling :-)

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.