Friday, October 25, 2013

B.B. King - Live At The Regal

Over in the chatbox Gus mentioned that it would be nice to see B.B. in a small venue - that made me think of this absolute essential album. The Regal isn't juke joint sized by any means, but it is a good deal smaller than most places you could have seen King at anytime over the last 20 years or more.

If you had to limit yourself to one BB King album, this 1965 live album is the one I would recommend. Everything clearly clicked this night, the band, B.B., the audience...all are just electric. Sure, you have heard every tune here a hundred times --- never better than this tho.

(Ooops, the first picture was the wrong place according to Cliff who has been there...sooo I believe I've found the right place...a little earlier than 1965 by my guess but pretty close. The movie on the marquee would place this picture around 1960.)

7 comments:

KingCake said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=7PJDIHIZEH

pmac said...

And, it appears to be the same set list he still uses today! ;-)

poppachubby said...

This looks really tasty!!

Anonymous said...

One of the more amusing short critical comments I ever ran across was directed at this album. "The only King album most people talk about and never listen to."

LPR said...

Not much BB in my collection. It's about time, i guess. Many thanks, KC.

GuitarGus said...

This and the one above are essential BB albums and both have their assets - As you mentioned in my post KC the editing could have been smoother in both albums - But ultimately I'm just glad to have 2 great BB live recordings with him at his prime

gouldee said...

One of his best. Keep on with keeping on. Gouldee

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.