The Blind Boys of Alabama recorded in New Orleans for the first time in their almost 75 year history. Amongst the musicians supporting include legendary pianist/producer and Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Allen Toussaint and The Preservation Hall Jazz Band. After performing together for over six decades, The Blind Boys of Alabama have enjoyed one of the more striking comebacks in recent memory.
Free At Last
Let’s Make a Better World
How I Got Over (feat. Marva Wright)
You Got To Move
Across the Bridge
You Better Mind
Down By the Riverside
If I Could Help Somebody
Uncloudy Day
A Prayer
I’ve Got a Home
I’ll Fly Away

7 comments:
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=3JAKE4V0ZZ
Well... I have my deck all stripped, sanded and prepped. Today is a beautiful, brisk Canadian spring day and I am going to finish painting the deck. This will go along lovely with the whole vibe KC!!
Chubster: There's only like one Spring day in Canada, the rest is either winter or fly season!!
First things first, I am among the living but took a brief sabbatical to refine my chronic breathing issues and greatly appreciate the well wishes in the Shout Box. Second, Sunday with the Blind Boys and Miss Marva will make anyone's cheek bloom with health again.
The only thing I dislike about this blog is that it makes me realize that artists like Ms. Marva were out there while I was oblivious in New England and I can now only enjoy them after they are gone. I suppose the minimal benefit is that one can compile all of an artists' work because, after he or she is gone, the recording process stops. Alas, Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley are proving me wrong about that because there will apparently still be new releases bearing their name long after I am and many others have passed on to the giant record emporium some call heaven.
By the way, I defer to Poppachubby to define Spring in Canada, in Boston it meant that people began sunbathing along the Esplanade when it hits a balmy 60 degrees in April.
I bought a three-terabyte external drive to keep up with all of this music, now it means I have to find the time to listen to it and listen to it well to appreciate it. That is no easy task but I'll comment when I can!!!!
So pleased to see you back Feilimed, I hope you are feeling better.
All this talk about Spring days is baffling, we are well into 85 to 90 degrees everyday season! Right now at 5AM it is a comfy 73 degrees.
Who'd have thought that the Blind Boys never recorded in New Orleans before this album? Many thanks, KC.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.