A repost request --
This was the beginning of Carbo's 90's comeback. A pair of Rounder releases would follow. (If anyone has copies of those two, by all means let me know.) This was also the last session that Alvin 'Shine' Robinson played on, he died a couple months later.

Review: "Several people with well-regarded opinions will, without prodding, tell you that the most distinct voice of the classic period of New Orleans rhythm and blues belonged to Chuck Carbo. That’s quite a compliment considering Carbo graduated from the same class as Johnny Adams, Danny White, Aaron Neville and Roland Stone. Carbo was the lead vocalist with the Spiders, who had a couple of national hits—and several great records—in the mid-1950s, and had a locally successful solo career in the early-1960s. The demise of the New Orleans sound hamstrung his career in the mid-1960s and Carbo was forced to deal with such mundane activities as finding a nine-to-five, raising a family, making car payments and such.
![]() | |
| Chuck Carbo & Sugarboy Crawford at Jazz Fest |
Jeff Hannusch


20 comments:
Thanks KC
Another taste of NO for me to savour (US savor)!
And yes I have the 2cd 'The Imperial Sessions' from The Spiders on Bear Family Records (47 tracks)
I'll get it to you over the weekend
Cheers
Hi, KC, i never heard of this man before ! and it's a good surprise. Many thanks to open ... my ears
Hey KC, where is this record shop located near the Racetrack?
That would be Domino Records, Barracks near Broad
Ahh, ok. Don't know why that didn't register with me. I pass there nearly every day on Bayou Road. Guess I was thinking more along the lines of Old Gentilly Road. Thought I was overlooking something.
Laid-back & swinging, perfect for warming up my cloudy day. Thanks,-john
ANy chance for a re-up? I think I have the Spiders imperial CD, let me know if still neded.
Thank you!!!!
My interest in Carbo increased through my love of Eddie Bo. Gonna try this one KC as I passed it over before.
Had a chuck carbo on cd yrs ago.got lost in the shuffle. something about a barbershop??
thanks for this one KingC. its terrific
Yeah, Chuck had a 'day job' as a barber. One of the two Rounder albums was Barber's blues or something like that
Hi Any chance of a re-up please
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=8YG0BSIACI
@KingCake; if you still need the two cd's, let me know and I will rip them for you.
KansasJoe
That would be great I used to have them, but they we lost in the storm.
@KingCake; How can I send you a 'private' message?
KansasJoe
kingcake54@yahoo.com
Thank you KingCake
Thank you KingCake
All these Carbo sides are just great, thank you!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.