"Rock and Roll Sermon is a collection of some of the finest sanctified
music recorded between 1946-56. If you're not familiar with sanctified
music,and you like the blues and dazzling guitars, pumping piano, and
true-testifying, then you owe it to yourself to listen to this
compilation. Unfortunately, this great music has largely been ignored
by the general public and by music critics. Perhaps it is because these
are songs of praise to the Lord, and many prefer to keep their musical
and religious tastes separated. After all, when was the last time you
listened, outside of church, to selections from the Common Service
Hymnal? While this is not blues music, many of the "blues forms" are
utilized. Only the message has been changed. This is intense, dynamic,
inspirational, and incredible music. Enjoy and Rejoice!!!"ps there is some overlap between these two sets today but I don't believe that the same version has been used on any of the apparent duplications.

7 comments:
This is wonderful stuff. I can't say that I'm born again because fortunately my mother was successful the first time but if I'm beyond saving,I'm not beyond savoring and am thoroughly enjoying the service and the sermonizing to music. Maybe I'm wrong but there's a certain irony in Elder Charles condemning rock and roll while the brothers and sisters rock to the beat of that fine guitar and organ playing. There may be no sex and soul corrupting passions in sanctified music but there's a lot of orgasmic joy being shouted and celebrated. Thank you Elder Clifford and Deacan KingCake for brightening my early Sunday Morning. It brought to mind the elderly preacher and the service in "The Harder They Come" which almost stole the movie.
First heard this type of gospel on the great 'Hot Gospel (Get Right With God)' vol 1+2 on vinyl back in 84. The follow up 'Gods Mighty Hand (Gospel Evangelists) was nearly as good. Yes, there is some overlapping material here but this collection also has some exciting finds! Thanks.
ooh, Double Bubble for a sunny Sunday. thanks KC. gonna get right with God...for an hour or two, anyway.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/48y2sba3nz5zaka/148_Rock__Roll_Sermon.rar
Many thanks for reposting!
Excelente obrigado irmão!!!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.