_________________________________________________________
Not every single track you'll ever want or need by the legendary shave-and-a-haircut rhythm R&B/rock pioneer, but a great place to begin. Two discs (45 songs) in a great big box with a nice accompanying booklet contain the groundbreaking introduction "Bo Diddley" (never again would he be referred to as Ellas McDaniel), its swaggering flipside "I'm a Man," the killer follow-ups "Diddley Daddy," "I'm Looking for a Woman," "Who Do You Love?," and "Hey Bo Diddley;" signifying street-corner humor ("Say Man"), piledriving rockers ("Road Runner," "She's Alright," "You Can't Judge a Book by Its Cover"), and numerous stunning examples of his daringly innovative guitar style. - Bill Dahl/AMG
Bo Diddley (vocals, guitar, violin); Jerome Green (vocals, maracas); Jody Williams (guitar);
Eddie Drennon (violone); Little Willie Smith, Lester Davenport, Billy Boy Arnold (harmonica);
Henry Gray, Lafayette Leake, Otis Spann (piano); Clifton James, Frank Kirkland (drums);
Cornelia Redmond (maracas, tambourine);
The Carnations, The Flamingos , The Moonglows (background vocals).
Recording Information:
Bo Diddley's Washington, D.C. Home (03/02/1955-12/??/1968);
Chicago, IL (03/02/1955-12/??/1968);
Cleveland, OH (03/02/1955-12/??/1968);
New York, NY (03/02/1955-12/??/1968).


3 comments:
Thanks Poppa C
Of course I had a single 'best of' CD from Bo but this 2 disc collection offers stuff I didn't have
Cheers
http://www.mediafire.com/?3hd3921p6d43iyp,5112e32a7jzhpib
Thanks for this one, man...
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.