Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Blowing the Fuse 1953

A quick look at the song list tells you that 1953 was a VERY good year. Ruth Brown, Big Maybelle, Big Mama Thornton, and Dinah Washington are all belting it out for the ladies. Ray Charles first Atlantic hit with Mess Around, The Beale Street Boys - BB King, Junior Parker, and Johnny Ace all have hits, Fats Domino, Amos Milburn, and Little Walter keep chuggin' and another new light named Clyde McPhatter dazzles the girls....yes 1953 was a very good year indeed.

3 comments:

GuitarGus said...

Thanks KC
As you know I've followed this collection since your first post and although I do have many of these tracks and some I have listened to 100s of times - it's still great to get them again in these excellent compilations and certainly a good excuse to have another listen to these innovative classics
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Love this series. Many thanks KC for introducing me to it!

LAZZ said...

Yippee - for another.
Great memory-lane stuff, cool quality.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.