Saturday, September 1, 2012

Big Maybelle - Blues, Candy and Big Maybelle

Billie Holiday, Nina Simone, Ella Fitzgerald...

...yep, you're probably quite confident you have heard the best.  Well I am here to burst that bubble cuz frankly jack, you ain't heard sheeyit!!

This album was originally released in 1958 and reissued to disc in the late 90's.  Most notable is the incredible remastering, giving Maybelle's voice the front and center it so deserves.

She comes flying out of the speakers and right onto your lap!!  Big Maybelle could do it all... blues, ballads, standards and r&b to make your backbone slide.  She was truly gifted in all areas of vocal talent, and in turn, was a gift to all of us.  It's voices like this that capture the human condition perfectly.  The way we relate to it is the great mystery and beauty of music itself.  Frankly, if Maybelle doesn't stir a truly raw, emotional response then check your pulse - you're quite likely dead!!!

For those who haven't heard this, it's required listening.  As for fans, the quality of this recording may be worth your while depending on what you already have.

Crank it up and enjoy!!!

6 comments:

poppachubby said...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7344h7p87ui8cc0

GuitarGus said...

Thanks Poppa C
As I was d/l I was searching for my CD of Big Maybelle to compare tracks - Half an hour later after checking my collection ( I have too many probably like most of us) I realised I was thinking of the double vinyl that is in the attic ! I'm not going up there ! So a big thanks for saving me the effort - A good and classy collection as you say
Cheers

RickB said...

Big Maybelle?? Oh YES! Gracias!!

RickB said...

Big Maybelle?? Oh YES! Gracias!!

flatspin said...

Awesome remastering - makes Big Maybelle sound larger than life! Thanks.

gouldee said...

Morning, KC. Could you freshen the link for Big Maybelle. thanks

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.